Two wheels or four — let’s roll together.
Date: April 15th, 2013
504 Malcolm Ave SE, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55414
There is an immediate opening for the following:
- Develop and enhance marketing and sales tools for a variety of communication channels to promote Dero as the leader in the bike parking solutions market
- Research additional channels (online, distribution, etc.) to increase and expand presence in bike parking marketplace
- Develop and maintain suite of print and online marketing tools, including social media, catalogs, flyers, promotions, e-mail blasts, newsletters, customer surveys, and web updates
- Ensure that Dero’s internet presence remains highly visible and appealing, up-to-date, and fully functioning
- Setup trade show logistics and provide input regarding presence at future trade show opportunities
- Develop marketing initiatives to increase internet effectiveness, lead generation, and sales
- Execute new product research/development processes and timelines to support aggressive growth goals within the strategic plan
- Manage product/service development, pricing, marketing and advocacy budgets, and business objectives
- Fully understand the bike parking market with respect to the competition and identify continuous improvement initiatives to support market share growth
- Provide ongoing customer and industry research to identify emerging markets, trends and opportunities
- Communicate product and service features and benefits to a variety of audiences and distribution networks
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across the organization (EverActive Brands, GameTime, Play & Park Structures, Recreation Brands, Corporate Marketing, etc.) to ensure best practices and maximize efficiencies
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Four year degree from an accredited college in marketing, product development, and/or business related field required
- Minimum of fours years of experience in marketing or related field required
- Cycle industry background/experience preferred.
- Social media experience is preferred.
- Experience with market research and analysis
- Demonstrated success in planning, conducting and utilizing customer research
- Creative experience with an eye for art and design
- Strong cross-functional team leadership skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and computer skills
- Willingness to embrace an entrepreneurial work environment
- Focused and motivated work ethic
- Proficient in computer writing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to forecast and manage budgets effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate/collaborate across stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and transport trade show materials, collateral, etc.
- Web management a plus
- Moderate travel required
Dero offers a competitive salary, benefits including medical, dental, LTD, and 401k with employer match, alternative transportation compensation. EOE
This position will report to Andy Lageson, General Manager, at Dero in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is posted until April 30, 2013. To apply, please contact Andy Lageson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dero volunteers earned the prestigious Golden Cookie Award for participating in the once a month pedestrian and bicycle count for Transit For Livable Communities (TLC). Our counters brave heat, snow, rain and the occasional perfect Twin Cities day to tally and report walkers and cyclists crossing the Lake Street bridge. Information from this location and about 30 others is used to document changes in walking and cycling from year to year, gauging how funds and infrastructure improvements affect biking and walking. The award was accepted by Andy Lageson, Dero Manager at Wednesday night’s TLC happy hour festivities thanking all volunteers.