The Human Resources Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function for the multi-business unit of Dero and Everlast Climbing. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Safety, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment law. The position will report to the Director of Human Resources at parent company PlayCore, but will need to work effectively in a matrix organization at the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- –Promotes the Company mission and values-based cultures through effective management of human capital.
- –Leads the recruiting, staffing and onboarding logistics to attract and retain best in class talent to include managing the temporary staffing relationship.
- –Drives performance and compensation management making sure annual reviews are conducted accurately, consistently and timely.
- –Assists in organization development through succession planning, coaching of management and staff as well as identifying training opportunities.
- –Conducts audits to ensure employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting are met with all regulatory compliance agencies.
- –Function as an Emergency Coordinator to develop/drive emergency response/business continuity initiatives.
- –Leads the facility to best practices for safety and environmental efforts.
- –Creates and leads the employee safety committee.
- –Maintains and ensures legal compliance with all required safety signage, placards and positing.
- –Oversees the benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plans, leave of absence (FMLA), and employee assistance program (EAP).
- –Manages the commuter benefits program and bicycle initiatives.
- –Coordinates management training on assorted topics including interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, sexual harassment, diversity and inclusion, etc.
- –Responsible for assisting in all company events including but not limited to Day of Caring, Town Hall, Holiday Party, Employee Picnics, and other onsite events as well as philanthropic events off site.
- –Facilitates employee committees to engage employees in philanthropy and employee event areas.
- –Administers and applies company policy consistently and records proper documentation as required.
- –Continuously monitors and develops employee relations through effective communication and relationship building to be a trusted source for both employees and management.
- –Manages front office function and processes for the facility to include maintaining office supplies.
- –Other Duties as assigned by Director.
- –Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or equivalent.
- –Two to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- –Specialized training or working experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- –Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or (CP) certification preferred, not required.
- –Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, not required.
10% as needed for training and development or intercompany meetings.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management as well as HRIS expert.
- –General knowledge of Federal and appropriate State employment laws, and practices.
- –Effective oral and written communication.
- –Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- –Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- –Excellent organizational skills.
Dero & Everlast Climbing, 42 Northern Stacks Drive, Fridley, MN 55421
To apply, follow this link to complete the online application.
PlayCore company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.