The Dero Bike Rack Company, a leading and rapidly growing manufacturer of bicycle storage racks, shelters and systems, is looking for a full-time, hourly Powder Coater. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Title: Powder Coater
Supervisor: Julio Corona
Hourly Rate: Full-time hourly rate of $15.00/hour (paid weekly)
Hours: M-F 7am-3pm (overtime may be required)
- Prep material from weld shop for paint quality
- Powder coat made parts that are made in Dero’s weld shop
- Track and meet production goals
- Notify the manager with any potential part outages or related issues
- Ability to re-work and disposition materials
- Hang parts when necessary
- Operate the equipment in a safe manner and report hazards associated with the equipment or its operators to the Shop Supervisor
- Follow required procedures
- Clean and maintain an orderly work area
- Communicate effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow
- Assist other individuals in area when needed
- Minimum of 12 months powder coating experience
- Strong knowledge of material prep and powder application
- Forklift and oven operation
- Good communications skills relative to supervisor and other related departments
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate various shop tools including power and manually operated wrenches
- Medical, dental, flex spending, vision, 401K, life insurance options available
- $4 per day commuting credit (biking, walking or mass transit trips)
- Access to QBP orders
- Quarterly employee reward parties
- Indoor secure bike parking
- Small employee bike shop area
- 12 paid holiday days
- 15 days PTO after 30 days of employment
Custom RacksWe take pride in making our customers’ designs a reality. Here are a few of the custom projects we completed from 2015.
AdvocacySupporting bicycle advocacy is one of our top priorities at Dero. This year, we lobbied legislatures in Minnesota and Washington, D.C., volunteered during Minneapolis Bike Week, and worked with advocacy organizations across the country to develop and increase quality bicycle parking infrastructure. We also supported QBP’s Women Bike Mechanic Scholarship, and the 16 recipients were announced yesterday.
Pocket Guide to Bike ParkingSharing our bike parking expertise became easier than ever when we released our Pocket Guide to Bike Parking. You can download the full PDF for free on our website!
New ProductsIn 2015, we released several new products, including an updated design to our popular Ultra Space Saver racks and several brand new ideas. See below for the full list of new products:
Bikes Bikes BikesLastly, we rode our bikes the entire year! Riding our bikes is the foundation of our passion at Dero. We winter commuted, we raced, we fatbiked, and one of us even gave up their car to commit to year-round commuting.
Dero is proud to announce its newest product, the Dero Parklet. The Dero Parklet is ideal for municipalities and businesses looking to increase sidewalk space and activate city streets. It’s a modular decking system with optional railings that is easy to assemble, weather-proof, and made of sustainable materials.
Dero utilized its 20 years of experience designing bike racks, lockers and shelters, to engineer an off the shelf parklet, so cities and businesses don’t need to dedicate time and money to expensive one-off designs. With the Dero Parklet as the foundation, customers can instead focus on creating their own atmosphere and aesthetic to craft an urban oasis that may include seating, planters, public art, bike corrals, and more.
“Parklet programs are gaining popularity throughout North America – San Francisco has over 40 parklets and Minneapolis just piloted a program last year and expanded it this year. We love that the Dero Parklet will be able to help people to create these public spaces that enhance street life and increase foot traffic for local businesses,”
- Andy Lageson, VP and General Manager of Dero
The Dero Parklet comes in 8 feet long modular decking units (width can be customized based on city specifications), with a galvanized steel frame and optional powder coated railings. The planks are made of recycled paper-based fiber composite that withstands outdoor elements with no maintenance. There is also a ramp on the front to create a smooth transition from curb to deck. Install is easy and can be assembled onsite with included hardware and leveling feet for street grade adjustments. The Dero Parklet also ships flat to save on freight.