Dero, a leading and rapidly growing manufacturer of bicycle storage racks, shelters and systems, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position at $17/hr. To apply, email resume and cover letter to Helen Truax at [email protected] No phone calls, please. Deadline to apply is January 31, 2017.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for daily accounts receivable activities, including invoice processing, payment processing and contacting customers. The Accounts Receivable Clerk assists with month-end close activities and monthly account reconciliations. The Accounts Receivable Clerk serves as backup for the other accounting positions and may be asked to fill in duties from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform timely invoicing of customers including correspondence via mail and email
• Contact delinquent AR accounts
• Process credit card payments through third-party website
• Enter customer payments into ERP software
• File pre-lien notices and lien waivers; obtain and notarize signature of General Manager
• Ensure AR records are filed neatly and readily accessible
• Send out customer account statements
• Reconcile bank statements
• Assist with preparation for month-end and year-end close
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate’s Degree or two (2) years of comparable experience
• Able to read and understand invoices, bills of lading and procedure manuals
• Able to communicate effectively in English in writing and over the phone
• Problem-solving skills, including information gathering, dispute resolution, and escalation
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to become a Notary Public within 60 days of hire
• Proficient with Excel and Word; experience with Dynamics AX or other ERP software a plus
• Frequent computer and phone use
• Occasional need to lift up to 50 pounds
• Dog-friendly office; employees often bring well-behaved dogs to work
Current office: 504 Malcolm Ave SE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55414. New office: April 2017 Dero is moving to 42 Northern Stacks Drive, Fridley, MN 55421.